Sunday 4 March 2012

My best friend


What if I told you that my best friend is kind, compassionate and just? What if I told you that He is slow to anger and abounding in love? What if I tried to explain to you that He never ever leaves my side but somehow still gives me the space to make my own choices and find my own way in life? What if he isn’t just MY best friend but that He knows every single hair on every single head of each person that has ever and will ever walked the planet?

Would you want to get to know Him too?

How about if He is the kind of friend who will always be my greatest supporter and will always give me advice and help? And if I told you that simply putting my hope in Him means that He will keep me from stumbling and that He will carry me through the hard times?

Would you put your hope in Him?

What if I said that He knows the deepest desires of my heart and wants to give these things to me? And that He also knows the bad thoughts that I think in anger about people that He has made. He knows about my incessant need to be liked and to be successful. He knows about my selfish desires and He hates it when I decide that I don’t want to meet with Him – who has given me life and then given up everything for me because I misused it – simply because I can’t be bothered. What would you do if I told you that even after this, He still wants to be my best friend?

Would you let Him in?

How about if I told you that He died a painful death for you, even if you don’t know Him and you have spent every day of your life hurting and angering him?

Would you tell Him that you’re sorry?
Would you thank Him for dying on a cross for you?
Would you go out and tell the world about Him?

My best friend is Jesus Christ and he’s knocking on your door- let Him in.

<><> <><> <><>
John 3:16:"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."


No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you think...