Saturday 3 March 2012

5 Reasons Not to Worry


I wasn't sure what to write on my first ever blog post! Should I write about God and all he has done for us? Should I post some fun pictures of me and my friends?


I wasn't sure, so I figured that I'd go for something simple. Right now, we're on the build up to exams and we're facing many coursework deadlines. Stress levels are running quite high. These are the most important exams of our school careers and I think we're all starting to realize that. I'm such a natural worrier, so I decided that I would try and simply post a bit of encouragement about why we should be living with a deep peace. Not just saying that we're fine whilst we're sinking under deadlines. The peace I want comes from living with a knowledge that our value doesn't comes from Christ alone.

Here's why:

1.     God has a plan for our lives (Jeremiah 29:11) that we can trust in.
2.     There is no way for us to avoid human suffering. We live in a fallen world, so there is no point in worrying about any hurt that the future might bring us.
3.     Worrying distracts us from God’s purpose for us.
4.     God is enough for us. Even if we lose all earthly things, He. Will. Still. Be. Enough.
5.     Rather than worrying, we can pray about our fears (Philippians 4:6), which is a much more constructive response.

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear… Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?... See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labour or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendour was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field… will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?” Matthew 8:25-30


No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you think...