Tuesday 17 April 2012

A Dedication to Good Music

I often find that when words fail but my heart still longs to speak, good music becomes it's voice.
You know that feeling when you hear a good song and just every part of you is singing 'yes!'
And then those other moments when you're listening to a song and its just so completely wrong.
Well from now on, I do not want to be caught listening to the music that unsettles my heart. Even if the tune is catchy, the words do not lift my spirits and feed my soul. There is nothing of God in those songs.

From now on, I am dedicated to finding the songs that sing the song my heart longs to speak. The words that surround me with truth and wash over me with beauty.
Today I liked to share with you a few of my all-time favourite songs. Some are sad, some are soppy, some are bouncy, some are contemplative, and some just make me smile and fill me with an overwhelming sense of contentment.

So, in no particular order...
1. Jenny & Tyler - Faint Not*
2. Switchfoot - In This Life*
3. Taylor Swift - Safe & Sound*
4. Laura Marling - Ghosts
5. Ross Copperman - Lucky Day*
6. Regina Spektor - The Call*
7. Lenka - The Show
8. Sara Bareilles - City*
9. Saticoy - Arethusa*
10. Benjamin Francis Leftwich - Shine*
11. Brooke Fraser - Betty
12. Charlene Soraia - Wherever you will go
13. Colbie Caillat - You Got me*
14. A Fine Frenzy - Whisper*
15. Ingrid Michaelson - You and I*
16. Jon Foreman - In My Arms*
17. Kelly CLarkson - My Life Would Suck Without You
18. Mumford & Sons - The Cave*
19. Newton Faulkner - People Should Smile More*
20. Owl CIty - If My Heart Was a House

I know I haven't linked them all on here, but they are ALL so worth looking up! Youtube, iTunes, whatever you do, DO IT!!

*When making this list is was impossible to choose just ONE good song from some artists. All the ones with stars next to are ones where the whole album, or actually just all their work is INSANE!

Have a blessed day <3

4 comments:

  1. Nice post! Can think of a few more though... :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I *love* the video for Betty :) thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. Ingrid Michaelson and Owl City usually succeed in making me happy =)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you think...